Friday 10 March 2017

Piano Recital


Piano Recital


The music began. As I was finding a seat I trip over a lump on the carpet. Silently I put myself back on my uncomfortable feet and continue
Walking. I imagine the music as if it were played by an angel.
‘‘Bonny come over here’’ whispers Mrs OB.
‘‘Umm………. Ok’’ I shrivel with humiliation.
I heard the crowd clap. Suddenly I see Liam the boy after me in practice go up. He plays his songs as swiftly and beautifully as a butterfly's wing beat.


The crowd roars with amazement. ‘‘Can Bonny please come up and play thank you’’ announces the conductor. As I stand up stage fright hits me like a flying saucer. I beat it before I speak. ‘‘Hi tonight I’ll be playing a duet ‘Coming round the mountain,and The Butterfly’’ I hesitate.
As I sit myself on the chair eels swarm into my stomach like wolves dancing around their prey. I try to be confident as much as I can but I’m... well….afraid.I look at the grand piano, then point my face towards the crowd searching for Nana,Mum and Hannah. (Gulp) I start.(music)
I stand up and bowl with loyalty.


Hands bang ferociosly. Throughout the performance I listen carefully to interesting songs. Finally the last student comes up and plays. ‘‘To me at the end of the day’’ I pebble to myself. ‘‘It was one big play.’’

Written by Bonny-Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment